We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
OTC South Pacific Inc., Data Protection Officer/Privacy Officer email firstname.lastname@example.org, registered address: Suite 2.1A, 55 Kangan Drive, Berwick, VIC 3806 is responsible for using your personal data.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- facsimile number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation, job title, SET number;
- special requests made, for example special dietary requirements;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
OTC will hold your personal data as long as you have an OTC South Pacific membership account. You can request to delete your account or ask us to delete specific information. In some cases, OTC may keep some information after you ask us to delete your account, including when we’re required to by law, if there are outstanding issues related to your account, or if it’s necessary for safety and security purposes.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations & emails between you and our representatives; or
- when you complete an application or purchase order.
- when you complete a course registration form
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
- from our sponsors & conference event organisers
OTC South Pacific does not collect or hold your payment details. Credit card and other payment details are collected from you when you use our third-party payment systems such as Commweb and Paypal. OTC South Pacific has agreements with these third-party providers that your personal data is secured in accordance with applicable laws.
- What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of OTC South Pacific Inc. its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the OTC South Pacific website to you via email.
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
How can you access your information?
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. If you have an account with us, you also may choose to close your account (and remove any of your content) at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communication and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Commitment to Data Security
We have in place reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of your personal data and to keep your personal data confidential. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. To protect your personal data, we also require our third-party service providers to take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data confidential and to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of personal data, and to act at all times in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
We cannot guarantee that our Site will function faultless and without any interruptions. We shall not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses. As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
You are entitled to the following rights:
- right of access to the personal data we hold about you,
- right of rectification,
- right to erasure,
- right to restrict data processing,
- right to object against profiling and
- your personal right to data portability.
Whenever reasonably possible and required, we will strive to grant these rights within one (1) month. You may also withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications, or more generally to our processing of your personal data, at any time, and you may in certain circumstances ask us to delete your personal data. However, we may not be able to continue providing services to you if you entirely withdraw your consent or ask us to delete your personal data entirely.
To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, or would like us to update the data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact our data protection officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to OTC South Pacific, PO Box 6244, Rouse Hill, NSW 2155.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We do not disclose personal information to anyone overseas.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, e.g. remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our website, which are deleted when you close your browser) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our website to “remember” who you are and to remember your preferences within our website, and which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service).
These are cookies which are needed for our website to function properly, for example, these cookies allow you to access secure areas of our website or to remember what you have put into your shopping basket.
Performance Cookies and Analytics Technologies
These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our website, for instance which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the website. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website works.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name), and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
IP Address and Traffic Data
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
How Do I Manage Cookies?
If you'd like to remove or disable cookies via your browser, you certainly can. Refer to your browser's configuration documentation to do this since the steps for doing so are usually browser-specific. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you block cookies, it may prevent the delivery of the complete service to you. Enabling cookies ensures a smoother experience when you use our site.
To learn more about how to disable cookies you can refer to this link:
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer at:
Privacy/Data Protection Officer
OTC South Pacific Inc.
Post: PO Box 6244, Rouse Hill Town Centre, Rouse Hill, NSW 2155
Tel: 0451 514 792